I am a zestful, self-motivated, driven, working mother with a disability and passionate about people development. I am currently a Corporate Social Investment Manager and my work entails providing advisory services to corporates that participate in the Social Economic Development space. My passion for people stems from the adversity of paralysis at the age of 15 as a result of a stray bullet accident which rendered me paraplegic. This was later enhanced in 2001 when I participated in an exchange programme at Egmont College in Denmark.
I am a qualified bookkeeper, studied through Access College for the Disabled and also pursued studies in Business Management through the University of South Africa. I am a mother of a wonderful 3 year old girl.
- awarded the prestigious Barloworld CEO award in honour of employees who have gone beyond the call of duty
- awarded a “tribute award” which is an award in honour of women with disabilities that are actively involved in the development of initiatives and systems that are designed to uplift the general public
- had my own gender column in a disability magazine
- Vice-Chairperson of National Council for Persons with Physical Disabilities in 2006
- Member of the Presidential Working Group on Women in 2008